Heaven Can Wait Animal Society is seeking an experienced full-time Veterinary Receptionist to join us at our nonprofit Wellness Clinic. You will be working together with an established team to foster an environment of support, compassion, and advocacy for our city’s animals. We firmly believe that through providing affordable, evidence-based, quality veterinary care, we can do our part to keep pets healthy & happy in homes with loving families. This aligns with our larger mission of saving animals from shelter intake and risk of euthanasia, which also decreases the burden of pet overpopulation on our community.
We are a longstanding nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to serving community cats, pets, and their families through low-cost, high-quality spay & neuter services and affordable preventative care, as well as through high-impact adoption and foster programming.
Major Job Duties
- Answering phones
- Respond professionally to electronic communications with clients
- Appointment scheduling
- Prepare client forms for check-in and discharge
- Assist veterinary assistants with loading patients into exam rooms as needed
- Proper medical record keeping so knowledge of veterinary medical terms is a plus
- Perform basic invoicing, billing and payment for regular and volume clients
- Daily reconciliation of cash drawer
- Recognize and respond appropriately to veterinary medical emergencies by notifying the appropriate hospital personnel
- Maintain basic cleanliness and orderliness of veterinary facility including front desk/lobby, exam rooms and cages
- Inventory of administrative supplies
- Perform basic filing and retrieving of medical records, radiographs, lab reports etc.
Education and Experience
- Prior customer service/front desk related experience preferred
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
- Dependable attendance is required
- Must be willing to work 8-10 hours a day, 4 days per week. Opportunities for additional hours may be available.
- Any allergies to animals must be controlled through medication.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 40lbs, walk, squat, bend, stand, reach, and lift constantly during a minimum of 8 hours a day.
- Ability to work with, handle and walk large animals.
- Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing administrative equipment such telephone, scanner, computers, etc.
- Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written directions
- Our Wellness Clinic is open Tuesday-Friday. Hours range from 30-40 hours per week.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation: $15/hr
- Health insurance offered to full time employees
- PTO, sick days and paid holidays
- 401(k) with matching offered to full time employees
- Discounted veterinary services