Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)
Heaven Can Wait Animal Society is seeking an experienced full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) to join us at our longstanding nonprofit Spay & Neuter and Wellness Clinics. You will be working together with an established team to foster an environment of support, compassion, and advocacy for our city’s animals. We firmly believe that through providing affordable, evidence-based, quality veterinary care, we can do our part to keep pets healthy & happy in homes with loving families. This aligns with our larger mission of saving animals from shelter intake and risk of euthanasia, which also decreases the burden of pet overpopulation on our community.
We are a longstanding nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to serving community cats, pets, and their families through low-cost, high-quality spay & neuter services and affordable preventative care, as well as through high-impact adoption and foster programming.
This is a rewarding fast-paced role in a high-quality, high-volume surgical environment.
Major Job Duties
- Assist customer service staff with patient check-in and check-out
- Patient examinations
- Medical calculations
- Prepare animals for surgery and maintain sterile technique
- IV catheter placement
- Administer and monitor anesthesia
- Set up for and assist with patient recovery post-anesthesia
- Set up and clean examination rooms, surgical prep room, and other clinic areas
Education and Experience
- Licensed veterinary technicians must have current license in the State of Nevada
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus (not a required)
- Dependable attendance is required
- Must be willing to work under pressure conditions while multitasking
- Any allergies to animals must be controlled through medication
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 40lbs, walk, squat, bend, stand, reach, and lift constantly during a minimum of 8 hours a day
- Ability to work with, handle, assist restraining, and walk large animals
- Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing hospital equipment such as electric clippers, syringes, radiology equipment, laboratory equipment, computers, etc.
- Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written directions
- Our clinic is typically open Monday-Thursday. Hours range from 32-40 hours per week.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation starting at $21/hr
- Benefits include health care reimbursement, sick time, paid holidays, and PTO
- Annual state licensing fees, CE credits paid for by HCW
- Discounted veterinary services