Founded in 2000, Heaven Can Wait Animal Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing unnecessary euthanasia and improving quality of life for cats and dogs through spay/neuter services, quality veterinary care, community outreach, and advocacy. The organization is committed to providing accessible services throughout Southern Nevada. In collaboration with numerous rescue organizations, shelter partners, and trap/neuter/return groups they have helped nearly 170,000 animals since opening their doors, keeping an estimated 500,000 cats and dogs off the streets and out of shelters. The 501c3 organization relies on community support to fulfill its mission.
At the heart of the organization’s mission and programs is a passion for Access to Care, which sits at the intersection of animal welfare, veterinary services, and public health.
Heaven Can Wait is seeking an experienced nonprofit leader to serve as the organization’s Executive Director, leading the charge in providing improved access to veterinary care to Las Vegas’s animals and families.
The Executive Director of HCW is responsible for overseeing the organization’s achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The ED is also responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising all aspects of the organization’s operations, as well as crafting & implementing a strategic plan for the organization’s long-term growth and success.
Key skills and areas of demonstrated experience include:
- Leadership of organizations or teams with demonstrated success in establishing and achieving goals
- Effectively working with boards of directors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an ability to speak to diverse audiences
- People management
- Budget management
- Business management, growth, and development
- B.A degree in management, nonprofit management, or related discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience in a leadership role
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location